Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 12: パンジー登場! エリキテルとゴーゴート!!/Pansy tōjō! Erik...
Thread Posts
15 Jun 2013 08:29 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: パンジー登場! エリキテルとゴーゴート!!/Pansy tōjō! Erikiter to Gogoat!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
10 Jul 2013 08:56 AM
Adamant Administrator
Incredibly, new Pokémon from the name games set to release in October, 'Pokemon X and Y', are appearing in the anime already now! Also, the Pokémon Reporter Pansy becomes a new travelmate? And a Pokémon sumo tournament begins, too!!

Summary:
As they're journeying across Harvest Island, Satoshi and friends meet a woman named Pansy, who introduces herself as a Pokémon Reporter. Pansy, alongside her 'Ride Pokémon' Gogoat and her 'Generation Pokémon' Erikiter, has come from the Kalos region to do an article.

She tells them there's an old tradition on Harvest Island of holding a festival to express gratitude over the harvest the trees bring, so the mistakes of the past will not be repeated. The group accompanies Pansy as she does her coverage while the celebratory festival plays out. The main event of the festival is a Pokémon sumo tournament, where the winner will be given a 'Focus Band' and a selection of the berries that are Harvest Island's specialty. Satoshi decides to enter with Chaoboo, Dent with Yanappu, and Iris with Kairyu! What will happen now!?

Voice cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Misato Fukuen: Mijumaru
Wasabi Mizuta: Chaoboo
Kensuke Sato: Kairyu
Chika Fujimura: Yanappu
Aya Endo: Pansy
Masayuki Kato: Parker
Subaru Kimura: Yukiya
Kiyotaka Furushima
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 10 Jul 2013 09:46 AM by Adamant
03 Dec 2013 11:12 PM
This seemed to be quite a promising episode at the beginning. Two new Pokemon introduced, a new character with a previously unknown occupation "Pokemon Reporter" also got the premire here.
However, as I expected this episode to deal mostly with the two new Pokemon, Helioptile and Gogoat. But it turns out they are mostly just some kind fo supporting characters here and main topic of this episode is a sumo tournament at a festival. And before that actually happens, most of the episode is spent on talking about random stuff, the festival and about the sumo tournament.

The tournament itself is not even taken seriously in this episode:
1) That awkward moment of doubt when Satoshi chooses a Pignite (medium-sized pig) for a sumo tournament, while he has a Charizard (one hell of a dragon) in his party. But well.. either he knew something we don't or he was just plain lucky.
2) Pansage was just doomed to be.. doomed.
3) Rocket Gang, instead of naturally choosing the Amoonguss, just abuse Nyaasu again? Is making Nyaasu act like a different kind of Pokemon and losing horribly some bizarre fetish they have or what? This is somehow beyond any logic. At least they got blasted off on the first shot and didn't return.

The tournament also goes with the "got into a fight with some random guy, humiliated him by beating him about tournament and then lecturing him about sharing and caring and sunshine and rainbows" scheme. I can't help it but I think I have a deja vu.

If Pansy didn't temporarily join Satoshi for a continuation into next episode, this whole episode would be one hell of a filler.
I hope at least the Focus Band will be put to use one day.

My rating:
Episode, which shows interesting new Pokemon at the beginning, but that's about where the interesting part ends. The rest is just talking, and some random festival with several WTFs. Despite Satoshi winning is a bit surprising considering the size of his Pokemon, the episode itself just feels like something that has been seen several times in Pokemon already. With a random sumo tournament inappropriately placed somewhere where a more thorough introduction and perhaps a plot involving new characters should be.
I was deciding between 6 and 7, but it is more towards 6 in this case. I hope the new two Pokemon will get more space in the following two episodes.
Last edited 04 Dec 2013 01:24 PM by JDS
You would totally like to be a tree.