The Pokémon Company announced today that they will be taking action against users that are modifying their game data in violation of the terms and services.
Response to Users of Illegally Modified Data
November 11, 2022
Dear All Customers,
Thank you for enjoying the Pokémon series.
We have confirmed that some users have been playing the Pokémon series and Pokémon HOME with illegally modified data.
Unauthorized modification of data can cause problems with the operation of the games and applications. We will take the following actions against users who are causing issues for other users, such as trading Pokémon, or whose actions are deemed inappropriate from an usage standpoint.
Measures that will be taken:
- Bans on the use of Internet play for the Pokémon series.
- Bans on the use of the trade function in Pokémon HOME (smartphone version).
- Bans on the use of Pokémon HOME (both smartphone and the Nintendo Switch versions).
- Bans on the use of Pokémon Bank and Pokémon HOME.
* These action will be implemented for a limited or indefinite period of time at the discretion of The Pokémon Company.
* The Pokémon Company will not refund usage fees due to these actions.
* We will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the abuse of the terms and services and our response to it.
* We will not enforce Internet Bans for Nintendo Switch software other than the Pokémon series and Pokémon HOME.
We will periodically implement similar measures and may impose further bans without prior notice.
We will only take action against users who are found to be engaging in inappropriate behavior after confirming the abuse. Please be assured that no bans will be placed on users who unintentionally possess altered data, such as those who "just happened to receive the data in a trade" or "the traded data was altered without their knowledge".
In order to ensure that users can enjoy the Pokémon series with peace of mind, we will continue to monitor the series on a regular basis to ensure that we are able to respond to any fraudulent or disruptive behavior.
We look forward to your continued support of the Pokémon series.
The Pokémon Company